Thursday, October 23, 2008

Barber Shop Boy

I took Lincoln for his first "official" hair cut yesterday. Josh has been after me to cut his hair for awhile now and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I thought about "doing something for daddy" and thought about getting Lincoln's hair cut as a surprise.
I first took him to a place where I got mine cut, but the lady said she was too busy and to come back. Well, once I have an idea in my head about getting something done, I HAVE to do it. So I remembered an old-timey barber shop in downtown and decided to take him there.

I asked if they could cut a one year old's hair and they said yes, so we walked in and took a seat in one of the old chairs. They had me hold him on my lap instead of sit him in the chair. I no sooner sat down and positioned him properly, when the barber flipped on a pair of hair trimmers attached to a vaccuum. It startled me and scared Linc to death. He started screaming and grabbed onto me as tightly as he could. I felt really bad for him, but he was looking pretty shaggy.

The barber and the other lady who worked there said he was really good, inspite of the yelling, and that he didn't have the very high-pitched scream they were used to with other kids.
After it was all over, we took a picture with Mr. Len, our new barber, and they gave us a "First Haircut" Certificate with a piece of his hair taped on it for Lincoln that says...

"This is to certify that Lincoln Michael Smith has bravely met all the requirements of recieving their first haircut and has graduated from babyhood on the 22nd day of October in the year of 2008."

I'm so PROUD of my graduate! hee hee


Before...


And After...


(yes, I know there is a deer on the wall...we're in Texas after all!)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha hah a hh a ha ha ha h!!!! I love it! i cannot wait to see that kid next time i see him. he is adoreable! before AND after!

    ReplyDelete