Monday, October 11, 2010

First Day of School


Monday, October 4th, 2010 was Lincoln's first day of school at Colt Elementary's PPCD class. I was a bit worried about how he would do, but as we walked toward the classroom door and knocked, he seemed ok. Then his teacher opened the door and tried to take him inside. That's when he started crying buckets and going "wet noodle."

I was expecting a phone call, telling me to come get him, but I didn't get one so I assumed everything was okay. At 11:00 am I went to pick him up and he came running at the door holding Ms. Tina's hand, happy as a clam.



She said he cried for about 45 minutes, then the Assistant Principal took Linc to his office to feed the pet frogs. After that, he was great.
The rest of the week got progressively better...Tuesday he cried for 15 min. Wednesday he cried for 2 minutes 11 seconds. Thursday and Friday were tear-free! I'm so glad that he is enjoying school. His teachers are just wonderful! We get a daily report of everything he did that day and how his behavior was. Then at the end of the week, we get a weekly report of how he did concerning his developmental goals. I'm so excited he gets this opportunity and I pray that it will serve him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment